Wednesday, October 14, 2015

"I near about ran back to grab my bags so I could leave with them."

Study Time...Look how much I love it!

(From Taylor's mom...I did my very best to raise "crass-less" boys...but have failed, and now I have been reprimanded for changing some of Elder Green's words to more appropriate ones. So...here is just Taylor. It is more entertaining. I sure miss this boy, crass and all!)

Hey Y’all!

I get in trouble for saying that here. But they can’t stop me.

Tyler getting called to the Philippines is the best news I have heard in my entire life. That is super cool and kind of hilarious. Like literally. I remember Henry saying that the food tastes like poop there. (I know you’re going to change that sentence to ‘tastes bad’… I checked the blog and I do not appreciate you changing some of my words, you make me sound like a girl.)

And that's awesome that DJ got engaged. He's going to have some wicked little spider babies!

I woke up at four to go with the Panamá elders to the travel office yesterday morning. When they were all checking in the guy at the desk asked where Elder Green was, so they called me over, and when I got there he was confused why I wasn’t dressed in church clothes, and held up my plane tickets. I guess they didn’t switch my departure date yet, but I near about ran back to grab my bags so I could leave with them. There was a sister leaving with them on her way to the London South mission. So I told her about all the drunk people Braiden talked about.

Our little District

A few hours later, one of the elders that left was back at the dorms. He forgot his Passport in his room…ha ha ha. I felt so sad for him.

Nearly an entire district in my zone is going to Costa Rica so maybe I’ll leave with them. If not, at least to the airport.

I am definitely glad that I came earlier. It takes at least two weeks to get used to everything here. I think we’re getting a new district in today which I’m stoked for. I don’t think there’s anybody coming in for Panamá but it’s still gonna be sick. My Spanish is awesome in lessons with investigators, but we had to teach to members the other day and it sucked. They didn’t have questions so I had nothing to teach. We realized that maybe we have to start planning on planning lessons.

One very real thing about the MTC is everyone farts 24/7. It’s unreal. Probably because of the food but literally there is not a quiet bathroom in this place.

When half of our zone left this week we had several ceremonies to pass on things that have been passed on for ages here. My room scored! We got the Tree and Hat of ‘Christmas-versary,’ the Christmas lights, which are super important, the Christmas bells that are to be hung above the door and never jingled, the dunk hoop (for dunking on people), the dunk ball (to perform dunk), Dennis the Frog, Tim the Spoon, and probably the most important…The Orb of Light. It’s a giant rubberband ball that’s been lost and won several times in volleyball tournaments. And then, I personally, from my good friend Lefler, received the original copy of a poem written by an elder a while ago. We read it whenever a group departs. Then we were told of the nerf guns that they had to hide. They said they were in the hallways but we'd never find them. So we checked the first ceiling tile that was slightly sticking up and there they were.

Lefler and I...Children of the Light!

I’ve decided that my favorite thing is walking to the temple in the mornings on P-day. We go at 6:30 am so it’s still dark and cold. When we come out the sun’s just coming up and you can see like all of Utah Valley. Such a sick place!

I have funny story from last week…

So Elder Hall, a super funny guy in my zone, sleep walks a lot. So the other night he said that he woke up outside, sitting under a tree. Then when he got up he thought he was on the other side of campus by our classrooms, so he started walking back to where he thought the dorms were, but he found he was going the wrong way when he got to our classrooms and realized he had started out just outside our dorms. Oh, and he was only in his underwear this whole time. So he came back and started banging on everyone’s windows because he didn’t have his key card to get back in. He said he did this for like half an hour but nobody was waking up, so he sat on a bench in front of the dorms for another hour and just waited until a security guy walked by and let him in. When he got down the stairs he started yelling about how nobody let him in…ha ha ha…I’m pretty sure I was the only one awake at that time. He now sleeps with his key card clipped to him.

Elder Hall...the Sleepwalker.

Study time is another one of my favorite things here. We have huge flat screen TV’s in the classrooms and literally watch Mormon Messages and what not for like two hours until we’re tired and then we actually study.

Oh and sacrament meetings are kind of fun here because they choose three people at random to give a talk at the beginning…one in Spanish and two in English, so you have to plan a talk for both.

That’s it for this week.

Love you,
Elder Green

Birthday Party, which consisted mostly of popping balloons and yelling.

My darling baby Book of Mormon cover. (Yes, mom added the 'darling.')



This is Art...I thought Sam would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment